Friday 2 September 2011

Tracking My Efforts

I started sewing for my family, so we could participate in historical reenactments.  It allowed us to get into a hobby, that has really changed the way we view our history.  There is so much more than just the event.  There are details to the event, but also a lifestyle/way of life.  The fashions, and sense of propriety.  I was asked here and there to do a little mending, and then sewing for others.  It has suddenly blossomed into a business of its own, and I thought it was time to track where it goes.  I invite any who are interested to join me on this journey.  To date, I have dressed my family for military life and civilian life in the Revolutionary war, and the War of 1812.  I have fine tuned that over the past year, and have made myself a pair of shoes, and a couple of bonnets.  I have made several uniforms for others, and the list just seems to want to grow.  I look forward to seeing where this journey takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment